2015

2015

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Weekend

For Easter weekend we went to Denver.  We were set to go to the zoo, however on the way there Gavin read about book about underwater life and begged to go to the Aquarium.  Poor Dashel, he really want to go to the zoo though:)
The Aquarium was a lot of fun:

The flash flood replica might have been the best part, especially for Dashel who wanted to watch it 100 times.  It is in the desert when all of a sudden a storm passes over and lightning flashes.  Then a little rain turns into a lot of rain.  Then all of a sudden  waterfall of water pours over the desert rocks and hits the glass with so much force.  Then it drains and the sun comes out.   If you stand too close you might get wet --  it is cool!

If you go...... DO NOT take a stroller!!  It is tight and crowded and the kids will not ride in it anyway!
They should have a huge sign on the entrance that has that written on it.



The kids are riding only because I made them make it worth the hassle of having the stroller there:)

under the sea, under the sea, life here is better, where it is wetter, take it from me!

Nursing orangutan in the back ground... I thought for sure would make Dashel want to nurse there and then.  But it did not - in fact Dash did not nurse the whole day from 10:00 am to 9:30 pm!!!!!  That night, I had to ask him to nurse!!!  I thought that maybe he wanted to wean, but the next day he made up for lost time at breast:)



The shark tank was awesome... we saw a lot of them! 
Sorry, Gav that you were not able to ride a shark like your pre-school friend Caleb did! 

But you did get to pet a sting ray and a starfish!!!  If that counts:)


Denver has a nice path to walk along the river... and to teach the boys to give to the needy/homeless.
Dashel could not get over that we, in Dashel's words,  "guy orange hungry".  It made an impression on him apparently cause he said it about 50 times.  Gav said "why doesn't he get a job?"  Then went on to ask me what if I was homeless what would I do?????
I felt it was important to teach the kids to give to those in need... therefore we gave them food from our snack bag.




The Easter bunny even visits hotels, however finding hiding places for eggs is very limited.   The kids could not believe it!!!

No comments: