For Gavin's 4th Birthday Party we had a really fun "plane party" at the Laramie Regional Airport! Gavin loved loved it. We got to use their conference room which over looked the runways, so we had great airplane viewing. I couldn't believe how much plane activity Laramie actually has!! We had a runway where the kids could shoot off their airplanes slingshots, we had pin the propeller on the airplane, pretzels, and peanuts. I tried to arrange the chairs like a small plane, however it didn't really look like and I am sure no one got the idea:) I gave my best attempt at making a yummy but healthy plane cake made out of pineapples, carrots, and whole wheat. It tasted so good, but did not stay together that well. For Gavin's present he got Jeremy the air plane that goes with his Thomas Set and Brock stayed up all night making him a wooden hanger and runway Gavin loved it until he opened Buzzlight Year a couple of days later from my parents. I guess a homemade hangar and little plane can't compete with a bells and whistles Buzzlight Year with 30 different space sayings like "stand back while I power up my laser" and "you don't want to be around when my laser goes off." Buzz actually kept him up most of the night and woke him up at 6:30 -- he is a cool toy! Gav had a great birthday and honestly I love the age of 4:) And yes, it has taken me a long time to get use to his haircut:
2015
Friday, April 9, 2010
Plane Party
For Gavin's 4th Birthday Party we had a really fun "plane party" at the Laramie Regional Airport! Gavin loved loved it. We got to use their conference room which over looked the runways, so we had great airplane viewing. I couldn't believe how much plane activity Laramie actually has!! We had a runway where the kids could shoot off their airplanes slingshots, we had pin the propeller on the airplane, pretzels, and peanuts. I tried to arrange the chairs like a small plane, however it didn't really look like and I am sure no one got the idea:) I gave my best attempt at making a yummy but healthy plane cake made out of pineapples, carrots, and whole wheat. It tasted so good, but did not stay together that well. For Gavin's present he got Jeremy the air plane that goes with his Thomas Set and Brock stayed up all night making him a wooden hanger and runway Gavin loved it until he opened Buzzlight Year a couple of days later from my parents. I guess a homemade hangar and little plane can't compete with a bells and whistles Buzzlight Year with 30 different space sayings like "stand back while I power up my laser" and "you don't want to be around when my laser goes off." Buzz actually kept him up most of the night and woke him up at 6:30 -- he is a cool toy! Gav had a great birthday and honestly I love the age of 4:) And yes, it has taken me a long time to get use to his haircut:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great idea for a party, Denise! I loved the chairs set up to look like I plan too. I got right away. Gavin looks like such a big kid with that haircut. I love it!
It looks like all your careful planning resulted in a terrific party for Gav!!! I only wish I could have been there to share in the fun. I hope that Gavin enjoyed the birthday presents sent by me and sent from Farah and Shena.
Post a Comment