Welcome to the life of Brock, Denise, Gavin, Dashel, and Hugh. We hope you enjoy!
2015
Thursday, March 26, 2009
2 weeks old
Dashel is two weeks old today and things have been going well, besides me coming down with a nasty cold. I'm not surprised that I got sick -- child birth inflicts major trauma to the body and soul, but I wish that Dashel was a little older. I'm scared that I'm going to give it to him, but I'm relying on the power of breast milk to keep him healthy:) He has been sleeping so much -- I forgot how much they sleep in the beginning. He wakes up and nurses ravenously then goes back to sleep in about two hour intervals. Today for the first time he was up most of the morning starting at 8:30. Gavin is doing alright with the change, but tends to be a little aggressive with Dashel's head. If Gavin doesn't nap it is worse -- so I have to really push the naps! Gavin loves his brother so much, but it will take a little practice on how to treat a little baby and I'm hoping that it will be better when Dashel can actually do a little more interacting with Gav. It has been pretty easy so far, but we really have not left the house as a threesome yet besides to the Doctor's office. And I have been so lucky having so many people bring me meals (thanks!). I'm sure that I will not be saying that it is easy when the newness and help wears off and I decide to journey out of the house!!
Glad to hear you are doing well! I will be in Laramie this coming weekend for Kalli's basketball tourney. I have a gift for you, let me know if it's okay for me to stop by!!
3 comments:
Denise, he is absolutely beautiful! I'm glad everything is going well!
Denise,
Glad to hear you are doing well! I will be in Laramie this coming weekend for Kalli's basketball tourney. I have a gift for you, let me know if it's okay for me to stop by!!
I just love looking at pictures of Dash and Gavin! I can never get enough. Dashel reminds me of Brock when he a baby.
Post a Comment