2015

2015

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Faulkner Family Camping Trip

 We had a nice time camping over the weekend somewhere between Laramie and Fort Collins on a back route.  The scenery was awesome.... snowy mountains, hodios, horses, and green mountains.  We had a fun time setting up and just as we settled into it, the gunfire began and went on for about an hour.  I was freaked out!!  It go closer and louder then I began to cry and went and sat in the jeep.   So Brock so bravely went up the road until he came to the camp where they were shooting.  When he got back, the kids and I were sitting in the car.  Brock assured me that they were not shooting our direction and he had let them know where we were.  I felt a lot better.  But honestly how can someone relax and enjoy the mountains when there is contant shooting!!!

The boys had a great time playing with the fire and burning sticks and roasting marshmellows and throwing pine cones in the fire and catching other things on fire!  They couldn't get enough and luckly we left with no major burns.  They also got a kick out of using the bathroom in a hole we dug in the dirt then squatting over it.  Each had about 4 bowel movements in 30 hours:-)  Too much fun!

It was nice to have a change of scenery.

 Dash didn't forget about nursing... or chocolate.  He got a piece of chocolate and wanted more, so I said he could have more when he ate some dinner.  He said that he already ate dinner.  So I asked him what he ate for dinner and he said, "" ahhhh chocolate!"  Gavin and I busted up in laughter.  Dashel loves loves loves chocolate!  We go rounds about it:-(
 Building a fire


 Relaxing around the campfire

Camping family

the couple

taking a fire break

back at it

more fire

Brock was awesome to camp with!  Contrary to everyday life... he cooked and cleaned like a champ.  It was awesome!  I felt like I got a break:-)  Thanks Brock you are the best camping partner!



No comments: