~ KINDERGARTEN~
I felt like this day would never come.... I mean it always seemed so far away.
It didn't seem like my little baby turned little man was old enough to be sent away into the big world to be with out his mom all day, five days a week.
And here we are:-(
I really didn't think that I would cry only because a week before when I was telling him he was going and how it was going to be, I shed some tears. So I thought that I mentally went through it already and I got it out of my system.
But the minute that it was time for me to leave the class room, I started to cry. I looked at his teacher like take good care of him and she asked me if I was alright. So I smiled, forced a yes, put my sun glasses on, turn and walked out. It was hard.
The next day was a full day and I didn't take him, but in the middle of the day I felt lonely without him and started to cry a little.
It wasn't that I was lonely at the moment and he has never been gone before, but the realization that it was going to be like this all day every day is what hurt.
I will adjust.
Gavin on the other hand was excited!! He said that Kindergarten it fun! That is great. I am so happy that he is adjusted enough to be able to face life on his own.
Dashel woke up that second morning and said, "where's gav?" I replied, "where do you think he is?"
Dash replied, "mom, tell me where gav is please!" I said school.
He said, "go get him now."
I think that he is going to be the most lonely without Gavin, since he does not know life without him:-)

1 comment:
I cry just thinking about sending Tempe to kindergarten next year! In fact, I am finally grateful that she missed the deadline this year, because now I get one more year with all my kids all to myself. Life changes so fast!
Congratulations, Gavin!
Post a Comment