2015

2015

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

don't let it spoil

I bought this big tub of organic spinach and used a handful on something then the rest sat there on the brink of spoiling.  With spinach it happens fast, right?!? 
Honestly, the thought of wasting all this spinach did not set well with me!
So I took it all and put it in the food processor until creamy. 
Then I divided the puree into an ice cube trays and froze it over night. 
Last, I put the cubes into a freezer bag and labeled. 
Now I have condensed chopped spinach in easy portioned cubes for any kind of recipe you can imagine... soups, sauces, dips, casseroles, or smoothies.  [Just used it in Minestrone last night!]
And I didn't have to toss it!!!


I have to be honest this idea was not my own.  It was a combination of making your own baby food and Jessica Seinfeld's Deceptively Delicious.  The only difference was my purpose and motivation:)

Next:  all the swiss chard that is going to seed in the garden

No comments: