2015

2015

Sunday, January 9, 2011

PreK

Gavin started PreK last week. 
Mom Confession:  On days when he is pushing my buttons I would ask him, "do you want to go to preschool"?  [Sadly, I used it as a threat:[ He always said no and that he wanted to stay home with Dashel and me.  The last time I was fed up with his behavior I said, "do you want to go to preschool?"  This time he said YES, so we figured it was time.  Besides, a few times he asked about school and seemed interested in going.
He was so excited about it and really enjoyed it last week!  He said before bed that he could NOT wait to go to school and he woke right up with enthusiasm.  At dinner when we say what our favorite part of the day is, he has been saying school!  So we are all excited about it. [Maybe not Dashel, he seems a little lost with out Gavin playing with, dancing with, picking on, and leading him to play.]
I think that he was bored at home all day and I was tired of trying to provide a stimulating environment for him.   He is going to the PreK class at The Open School.  I was happy with the vibe there and his teacher seemed really great.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Hey, I worked at the Open School before Tempe was born. I don't think ANYONE that I worked with is still there, though. I hope he likes it! It was a fun little school!

Kathryn said...

So glad to hear he is liking it. We do the same with Cade, he so wants to go, but we tell him if he won't let us teach him now, he can't get angry at his teachers for trying to teach him. We are getting there. What are their hours like, what days etc? Just curious.