Okay so it is 4:00 am and I am up and my mind is racing?!?
I can't stop thinking about my hypothyroidism and food allergies.
Maybe it is on my mind because it is my year anniversary for my partial thyroidectomy and my encounter with anaphylaxis.
But, this should not keep me up at night, right?
So I am guessing I can't sleep because of the coffee I drank this morning, and I am concerned because I never have such a reaction to coffee, except lately. I can't drink coffee without it sending me through the roof. I usually drink green tea, but once in a while I like to have a cup or two of coffee. So I am wondering could it be that hypothyroidism and high levels of caffeine is a bad mix.
Also keeping me up is my itching eczema, which I feel is caused by my food allergies, so I want to figure that out. I love corn chips, however they are cooked in sunflower oil and I can't stop thinking that is causing my allergic skin reaction.
After an hour of tossing and turning I get up!
I search the web for 45 minutes trying to figure it out something out, but I come up with nothing.
So my conclusions:
First, I decide that I need to see a doctor about my TSH levels (5.175), but can't decide what kind of a doctor. I think that I will skip my family doctor, and call my head and neck surgeon who will probably refer me to an endocrinologist. Or skip that and go to a naturopath that I have seen before. Not sure????
Then I decide that I need to start a regular exercise program besides doing squats in the kitchen holding Dashel, taking the laundry up stairs two steps at a time, and the infrequent and random two minutes of step aerobics I do on my fire place hearth:) I think I need some long bouts of cardio. I need to find a way to get myself to the rec center!!!!!
Also I am cutting out sunflower oil, which honestly I should have been doing anyway since my diagnosis of severe allergic reaction to sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and parsley.
Lastly, I could up my recreational coffee use from a once weekly buzz to a daily addiction or lay-off coffee all together. I think I would rather not start the dependence:]
With these changes, hopefully my sleep will only be disrupted by my 20 month old, kicking and thrashing looking to nurse!! I really don't mind that:)
Now maybe since I vented my issues, I can try to get three hours of sleep before Gavin's hunger wakes him up!!
Now maybe since I vented my issues, I can try to get three hours of sleep before Gavin's hunger wakes him up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment