2015

2015

Friday, November 6, 2009

My Dark Cloud Has Been Lifted


For sometime I have known that I have a nodule on my Thyroid -- basically an undiagnosed tumor! Being reassured that this is not an imminent matter I have put it off for sometime. After seeking different medical opinions, multiple ultrasounds, and biopsies I decided to have it removed this fall. On Tuesday I underwent surgery and found out it is BENIGN!! Of course -Benign! What a relief! I stressed about this for quite sometime! Not just about the possibility of having cancer, but the effects of losing part or all of my Thyroid such as weight gain, fatigue, having to ween my little baby. Now it is over! I feel that I can start living my life again!! Sure there may be negative effects of only having half a thyroid, but I'm so happy to at least have half still and I won't have to wean my little nursling!!! I am so thankful to be able to live and be with my boys!

No comments: