
I ventured off to Utah to live in a strange land out side of the comfort of my family and friends I had known from my childhood. Spent sometime as a ski instructor and a shoe-sells-woman. Learned a lot about life outside from my parents influence and guidance. Decided to move back to Wyoming so that I could go to college -- which at some point I found to be very important in my life. Went to the University of Wyoming and Laramie County Community College at the same time. Achieved my associates degree as a Paralegal then went on to get my BA all the while working as a Legal Assistant/Secretary at a Law Firm. College and my time at the Law Firm was a huge development time in my life. I went from being a young college student to an adult with a lot of responsibility. College opened my eyes to the world and I loved it!!
All the while I found a great man who shared so many of the same interests and ideas. We could not get enough of each other. We traveled, skied, biked, rafted, visited both oceans, listened to music, stayed up talking late late into the night, making each other better people and seeing different views. We had so much fun and adventure together. In November of 2004 after dating for 2.5 years we got engaged and married a year later. It is hard to believe that we have been together for almost 8 years now! I am so lucky to have such a great guy in my life. We grow closer and closer every stage in our lives. I just adore the man and father he is!



In April of 2006 my life changed dramatically and wonderfully as we had our first son Gavin! What a joy he has been to be in my life. I just loved every minute we have had together. I feel so fortunate that I have been able to stay home and raise that little man! He is so smart, funny, inventive, emotionally stable, loving, and compassionate. He is always surprising me with his sweetness and maturity! Then again in March of 2009 my life changed again with the addition of Dashel. He is so sweet and I just fall more in love with him everyday! I look forward to everyday with them! 

I'm excited to start the 4th decade in my life!! There is so much to learn, see, love, and experience. I feel so fortunate for all the great family and friends that I have in life!
2015
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Happy Birthday to ME!
At first I was shocked to be 30 -- however now I realize it seems to fit. I feel 30!! Not in a bad way, but in an experienced and mature way. I look back and see all that I have done in the past 10 years and it only feels right to be 30. So much has happened:
Unfortunatly spent my 30th birthday recovering from surgery and battling a chest cold .
So I spent the day relaxing with my sleeping boys in the chair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Happy Birthday Denise! Cade shares your birthday, so you were in our thoughts today!! Hope you had a great day and got to relax a bit.
You are so cute. I am lucky to count you as my dear friend. Love you! Can't wait to see you and wish you a proper birthday - after you feel better. :) Love, Linds
Happy birthday, Denise!! You have such a great life and a great family and I'm so glad you're happy!
PS: sorry to hear about your surgery :( no fun!
Happy Birthday!! I hope you are doing well and you have a great week!
Happy birthday!!
P.S. I've never thought of 30 as being the 4th decade of my life. All of a sudden I'm not so thrilled with my age.
I am so glad I read your blog today! I feel like I've missed out on so much! Glad to hear your surgery went well and all is good!! I will get in touch next time I am in Laramie and we can go to lunch!! OH, and happy birthday! I woulde LOVE to say I was just 30! :) Shelley
Happy Birthday Denise! Hope you had a great weekend with your boys - sick and all. Something about a couple of sweet, sleeping kiddos just makes you feel good, doesn't it?
Had to take a close look at the pictures to confirm that I was "the guy" referenced in the post ;) Happy B-Day -- B
Happy birthday! I went private on my blog, because I was having a lot troubles & then I found out that someone had hacked into my blog & was sending out bad emails to people on my blog! I decided that I needed to try a new blog & go private this time!
Post a Comment