2015

2015

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy 15 Months


















Like his brother, Dashel is still learning to shave too.




















- finally got his 4th top tooth (six month's later)
- has two top molars and getting bottom two.
- walk instead of crawls.
- eats okay, but breastfeeds great ( I love the second year of breastfeeding! it is like a reset button on a growing toddler:)
- loves to read books and look through them - he brought me a Thomas instruction book, climbed in my lap and grunted me to read it to him:) Favorite Book: Bear on a Bike, Goodnight moon.
- words: ball, moon, balloon, dog, Gavin, Papa, Mama
- loves to play outside -- water, dirt, sand, rocks. mud, wind -- he loves it all.
- loves his green blanket so much he gets giddy when he sees it -- he puts his finger in the fold hole and pinches it to relax.
- he still grunts and screams and throws stuff like a little caveman but I just see it now as a lot of character.
- he is hard to get to sleep and doesn't sleep well at night.
- he doesn't like fruit, but loves fruit smoothies.
- is very territorial over his mom and papa.
- blows on his food to cool it off - that is how I get him to eat it.
- signs: work, please, more, water, nurse.
- when he hears an airplane he points one finger into the air and looks at you not at the plane.

- fights ingesting pain meds still (basically if I want him to put something in his mouth he won't, but if I don't want him to he will:) The other night I gave him one chewable and he ate it, however when I gave him the second he got up walked in to the kitchen and threw it in the trash! So I got another one and threw it on the floor where he was playing, in hopes that he would find it and eat it, but he picked it up and walked it over to the trash again. I laughed:)

- he wants to be so big like his brother, that everything that Gavin does, Dashel will try to do too!

- he is for the most part a happy little guy despite the major amount of teething he is doing. He tries to make us laugh, loves to have our attention, and really listens when you talk to him. We love this age and wish to just stop time! Everyday we are so happy that he joined our family.
I told Gavin that Dashel is not going to go to the movie with us on Friday so Gavin turned to Dashel and said, "oh Dash I am going to miss you". I love how they love each other, but don't always act like it!


- he is taking after his brother with his growth, if not a little smaller:
height 31" (45th%) gavin 31.5" (60th%)
weight 21 lbs 3 oz (14th%) gavin 22lbs 5 oz (24th%)
head 47.5 cm (55th%) gavin 49.1 cm (92nd%)



*** of course the dr. basically hinted that I was being a neglectful mother not offering my child cows milk and lots of meat (I guess their line of thinking is that saturated fat is a must since it will help the child gain weight -- like the heavier the better???) I am not against fat, but why is cows milk so necessary in peoples mind? Cow milk is designed to help a calf gain major amounts of weight to become a full grown animal in close to a year -- do I want my child to become a full grown cow, I mean adult in close to a year? I don't want my kids to become adults at all, let alone in one year. I was just a little curious about the push of cows milk by the pediatrician. The other thing that is not taken into account is the fact that most children are not still breastfed at 15 months and more than likely were on formula for the later half of their first year. So my point is he is being compared with formula fed children and it is a fact that breastfed babies are heavier in the first six months, but are lighter in the last six months of the first year. I am confident that I know what is better nutritionally for my children and just wanted vent about the lecture from the doctor:) Plus last time the lecture about how MMR is safe and measels is making a come back so I am putting him at risk by waiting a while to get it. And I guess try to assert I am not neglectful. Oh and my boys had on necklaces which is another neglectful and dangerous detail of my mothering :) All of that with a broken arm, one more thing and there might be a call to DFS!

1 comment:

ringo's girl said...

LOL I just had to laugh, gotta love the opinions of ped's and others for that matter...it does get easier as they get older...and, I think we learn the "lingo" the dr's want to hear, too! I get all kinds of crap about over-monitoring what the kids' watch on TV now that they are elementary aged...fun fun. PS claire weighed 17lbs at 12 months...and I honestly don't think she weighed much more at 15mo if that makes you feel better (but, then, she was breastfed too)