2015

2015

Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Little Dashel!!


It is so hard for me to believe it, but my baby is now one! I have just loved this past year getting to know this little guy. He has such a strong personality that is very determined and he is decisive in his young age. He is kind of a wild man in his behavior, but very careful moving around. He loves to climb and stand, however he is not even attempting to walk. He will stand on his own, but when he realizes that he is not holding on he will squat down or grab onto something. He still loves to be carried around, he will crawl up to you and grab on to your pants and stand up and point at you. (That means "you, pick me up"). Then once he is up he will point the direction that he wants to go. At night when I try to put him to sleep, I will nurse him and he will then sit up and point to the door. He is really bossy. He is especially bad with Brock because he know Brock will do what he wants. He is always bossing Brock around. We love it.
He still doesn't have any true words, but I hear a lot of things like hi, moma, ga, boba. He communicates so well with his eyes, ohs, and pointer. He also has some baby sign that he does. He is really into golf lately, as he will get his club and crawl around with it and hit the ball. Nothing is cuter than a crawling baby then just add a golf club in hand, so so cute. He just wants to be doing everything that Gavin is doing. Gavin likes trains, so does Dashel. Gavin likes planes, so does Dashel. Gavin golfs, so does Dashel. Gavin stands on a stool at the counter, so does Dashel. This causes a lot of fighting, especially because everything that Dashel is doing, Gavin wants to do it to. Or everything that Dashel has, Gavin wants it to!!! It has become a lot of fun.

Still not good at eating solids unless it is chips or broccoli, but he loves Mama's milk. He is hard to get to sleep and still wakes up a lot during the night. I don't even look at the clock, because I don't want to know how frequently. But really I don't mind, because I love snuggling up to him all night long while he happily nurses and I sleep! Still only has 7 teeth and I'm starting to wonder where that fourth top tooth is? He now weighs 21lb 3oz (25th%) and is 30.25" tall (60th%). Gavin at one weighed 21llb 11oz and was 30.25" tall too.
His new trick is to cluck his tongue and kiss his lips. So darn cute. He also has this super fake laugh, that he uses when other people laugh and he wants to join in. But his real laugh is the sweetest.
We just love Dashel to death and we are all so happy he joined our family a year ago! We can't imagine life without him:) Dashel, thanks for choosing us!








[Gavin on his one year]

2 comments:

Cecyle said...

I wish I could have been there to help celebrate! The pictures are great, as are your descriptions of his personality. Thanks for the update!

Jamie said...

How cute! I can't believe how fast this year has gone by! Dash and Gav just keep getting cuter:)