So Gavin has really been cracking me up lately. Everything that he hears that makes some kind of impression on him, he immediately turns around and tells me the story, but as something that happened to "Little Sparky". Little Sparky is a tiny little dog that started off as a fire department mascot but evolves to fit any story. Little Sparky also has a girlfriend who is referred to as "Little Sparky's Girlfriend". They are really part of our family, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of them. They are always around and always having crazy things happen to them. One night I went into Gav's room to find out why he was not asleep and he said, "Little Sparky's Girlfriend is bugging me". Another time Brock was telling me about how this guy the grizzly man died in Alaska by being eaten by an old weak bear. He said that the bear was really hungry but was to weak to catch real food so he ate the grizzly man and his girl friend. Gavin overheard the whole story and said, "Mama, one time Little Sparky was so hungry and couldn't find food so he ate a bear." Then when Farah Faucett and Michael Jackson died Gavin said, "Little Sparky's girlfriend had been sick for a long time and she died". There is a constant story about Little Sparky and Little Sparky's Girlfriend. He uses them to sort out his own feelings. Like he was having a hard time returning movies to Netflix so he told me this story how Little Sparky has a hard time sending the movies back because he thinks that they are his, but other people are waiting so see the movies so he has to put them in the mail box to send back to Netflix and he doesn't like it. Another story was about how Little Sparky's Girlfriend was in Little Sparky's belly and was going to pop out soon. And today we were driving and Gavin said "oh crap, I forgot Little Sparky at home, but that is okay because he knows how to turn on Noggin". It goes on and on. Little Sparky has a cool house that has a tv, piano and microphone, drums, tuba, tambourine, and everything. This came after I was talking about how at the Flamingo in Vegas there was a TV in the bathroom mirror and how I thought that was amazing. Everyday I get a new story about Little Sparky and I love it. It lets me see how he is perceiving the information that is all around him. He is a little sponge that is always listening to everything that is being said around him.
Also, after Farah Faucett and Michael Jackson died, Gavin asked me where they go and he asked me if Heaven is a doctor. I thought it was cute.
1 comment:
That's SO interesting because I had an imaginary friend when I was small and his name was Zapper.
Post a Comment